• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Puckerbrush Primitive Gathering-Columbia Falls, Maine-July 16-18th, 2021

Reaction score
I'll be there with 4 wood canvas canoes , one which I will be working on, plus a display of my small solo wall tent outfit and traditional canoe gear. Here is a list of the goings on,
Knife Making • Traditional Canoe Construction • Bowmaking Friction Fire workshop • Plantwalk • Knots & ropework • Buckskin preparation • Natural cordage • Knives and Knife safety • Axes and axe safety • Blacksmithing • Flint Knapping • Archery range • Tracking workshop • Evening astronomy • Pottery • Knife & axe throwing • Trade blanket • Rabbit stick throwing • Semi permanent shelter construction • Cast iron cooking • Canoe poling • Green woodworking • Timber framing • Have fun • Make new friends • Share your skills Join the Puckerbrush Primitive Gathering Facebook Group. After a year off, the Puckerbrush Primitive Gathering is back bigger than ever.

https://www.prfgca.org/events/event.php/Puckerbrush-Primitive-Gathering-2/

Well, it was fun event, I haven't talked that much since I first met my wife 50 years ago. My display was a big success, lots of "my dad had a wood canvas canoe" and just lots of nice people wanting to talk canoes and trips.

IMG_2774.JPG

I had one issue though, Tampa Boy started telling me I needed to embrace the double blade and loose these clunky beavertail paddles.

IMG_2776.JPG

I had to set him straight and send him packing, I gave him a UFC stare down as he walked away,

IMG_2777.JPG

haha, just messing with ya, trying to lighten things up, he's a great friend of the family. It was fun, nice folks, and the event organizer made a special effort to make the programs kid friendly, I saw kids making fire with flint, one with friction, I saw a bunch of kids mesmerized by the on site blacksmith making all sorts of neat stuff. If a kid won an event he was given a Mora knife, they don't mess around in downeast Maine. A really nice event.

IMG_2775.JPG

Back