• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Poll: What type of vehicle is your usual canoe vehicle currently?

What is your current usual canoe vehicle?

• Car - 2 door coupe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Car - 4 door sedan

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Car - small hatchback

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Car - convertible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUV/station wagon

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Pickup truck with open bed

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Pickup truck with bed cap

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Minivan

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Full size van

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other (what?)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
It will have to wait till this afternoon
We have a Bell Yellowstone Tandem on it
but ha ha its encased in ice and I have some chores to do before putting crampons on and walking the four hundred feet to it Our drive is fit for the NHL

No rush, that wrecked trailer of mine is also encased in ice next door behind my daughter’s house. Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated

Would really be curious to see SUV/Station Wagon as two separate categories at some point. I really prefer the station wagon for the lower roof line - makes loading really simple. We see a lot of folks with tall SUVs who just struggle to deal with the height.

Would really be curious to see SUV/Station Wagon as two separate categories at some point. I really prefer the station wagon for the lower roof line - makes loading really simple. We see a lot of folks with tall SUVs who just struggle to deal with the height.

There aren’t many station wagons anymore. Sport wagons like the Subaru Outback and more expensive euro brands like BMW and Audi. But not like my grandparents’ old Buick! The success of minivans and the explosion of cross-overs that I generally call “jelly bean” SUVs has largely taken their place. I had a Subaru Outback wagon for a decade. 2.5l turbo with a 5-spd was definitely a sleeper. Fun useful car, but I couldn’t drive it with a baby seat behind me. Then we learned we were going to have a second set of twins… the Subie turned into a Toyota Sienna!

1999 Chevy Suburban.
And I can sleep inside with as much room as a small hotel. My 1999 Burb 4WD is our canoe and beach/fishing car, my camp when alone, and my boat puller. Will be passed down at the rate

Attachments

• tempImageoEwn0V.png
    tempImageoEwn0V.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
My S-10s have served me well. I'll be sorry when they are gone !
IMG_1164_zpse3lgq11t.jpg

2000 Chevy half ton , extended cab, short box, 4.8 L eight cylinder. 336,000 miles and still a reliable, daily runner.

tempImagerCurKt.jpg

Real station wagons are the bomb, but somehow the culture got messed up and now it's only OK to sell one if it has knobby tires and a plausible crossover identity. Meanwhile there are "SUVs" with 5 inches of ground clearance and 2WD. Go figure.

img_20201226_143514963_scaled-jpg.120173

I'm enjoying this thread, but although I try to look at the vehicles I just end up looking at the canoes.

I have a Honda Element that I take if I'm towing the canoe trailer. I also have a little Nissan Versa that I'll use if I'm headed to Algonquin or somewhere else with civilized roads. It's a bit hairy of the highways in the wind or around large trucks but it gets a lot better gas mileage.

Back