• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Poll: How many women canoe? (Update: Detours into a Peeing in the Woods Thread around post #42)

Poll: How many women canoe? (Update: Detours into a Peeing in the Woods Thread around post #42)

• Male canoe day paddler?

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Male canoe tripper/camper?

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Female canoe day paddler?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Female canoe tripper/camper?

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
A Festival Box? Is this in honor of Elaine for Festivus?
I'm feeling inadequate. Mine did not come in a container.

Yeah, and did you see included in that Festival package a set of ear plugs? Ear plugs. What the...? Oh, a music festival! Now I get it.
No. My wife only deserves the best. A brand spanking new pee pee thingy. Reading the consumer responses can be interesting. And educational.
With any luck ( and a bit of practice) on winter walks we can both write our names in the snow.

Thanks mem, I just had to change my shirt and get a coffee re-fill.

Being totally serious, I think this device is one of those simple but ingenious inventions, kinda like Velcro or twist ties, shock corded poles or 2-way zippers. One of those "Why didn't I think of that?!"

I did see a lone female in the Boundary Waters in a Bell Rob Roy with a double paddle, but I define that as kayaking.

Well I was going to mention that my significant other and I solo canoe all over the Adirondacks but if it doesn't count because we use a double paddle, well never mind....

13592695_10153503177441626_6536877331928234704_n.jpg

y14BGc4GEffA00ZoafaBZ6KO8cpd6MigcvRZ4RLBu46aJhqWH4GgxhOknQe77wd5884CpAbSEjeP8blH7cZYyWnsg0xDbANKiR-bf8OXDaCMFxo5h6AKuH2NbNL_MZnS_z8lxH4ADtiDI_qhrRbspHC5GSUNT8He7olUhBTi6OclHbEr6xhv3BufNp8gC8ZcLIdcNsrS9iUoRnsNZj5WbhprfHLVrQ4OpL-T9HtAEo9u-yVqbAorTlmXJ_B6IxWE7vKkSD0ewwfimNpHzoykCRClEJa2byXDmaisXjYtBtWA1tTZX4qkwJehKsgmKXL-E89OwqAQnUN20gyPZs9oAmKB2vICwh3H6GOpzwm3NIGxbxoYNKs5XRHzuAvB-ZU3sZGZawM5IyLsTglJK8fiqYUItdtNmR4kRLJjZ4nSwZ6cEZB-9R5Sy1dKq1QOrusykjibibKFwImSxu8nSwDLvTaZ6n8ByCxlUiItoeMpzIKuWo3PB_VmKqPkHuK64G9pVJW0lePKpKUOuaCXsiEuyWunB6EaQkQ_GEJZ1oFKmWKe7Jl62AUwNTy4aPr8uWUTG-oxB_dTFv6D1SgiHMm2AR8rwAzmEtZel8cv1w_ngZXxaMcz=w461-h346-no

My wife is responsible for me getting my first solo canoe. It was her idea for her to paddle solo in her own boat. Once we had her in something appropriate, I couldn't keep up with her for long while soloing a tandem...... Daughter paddles too, although new motherhood has put a damper on that recently (a temporary setback, I'm sure).

I may have mentioned this before. My daughter in law has paddled canoes all her life. She likes to paddle stern while my son fishes from the bow. If only I could get my SIL more interested.....

Back