• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Paddling and tripping post spinal fusion?

And just so Mike doesn't feel left out from the Facebook crowd these are the before and after pictures of my surgery:

The night before surgery in a lot of pain trying to stand as straight as possible:

Before by Alan, on Flickr

Before by Alan, on Flickr

Two days after surgery standing straight and tall with the only pain coming from the gash in my belly:

After by Alan, on Flickr

After by Alan, on Flickr

Alan

Alan
thats great news! I hope you’ll be paddling and tripping again soon
just take it easy and try not to over do it. I’ve known quite a few guys with a similar fusion and the loss of flexibility was a small price to pay for a pain free life
And the scar? Every scar tells a story

And just so Mike doesn't feel left out from the Facebook crowd these are the before and after pictures of my surgery:

47803927481_62b217ff40_z.jpg
After by Alan, on Flickr

I have started a Go Fund Me page to post similar shirtless photos of myself. It’s up to $1.75 and a bucket of fried chicken.

I think I can get better offers not to do so.

I am glad to see you are healing Alan. I am sure you will be paddling again next summer. Just take it easy on the lifting.

Good news Alan, best wishes for quick recovery. Isn't modern medicine a miracle? Sadie will benefit as well, if there's been inactivity. All the best!

PS... all the old buggers I hang with also have trouble standing straight so maybe there's hope.

Back