• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Our friend Brad seems missing.....

It is funny you bring up post counts... I was pondering that yesterday. I've been on myCCR for 46 months and have 670 posts, but here only 18 months and have 406. I was thinking I post too much here. Mind you, most of my posting at the other site has to do specifically with routes, trip reports and other local issues in Manitoba. It seems to me to be more easygoing here.

It is funny you bring up post counts... I was pondering that yesterday. I've been on myCCR for 46 months and have 670 posts, but here only 18 months and have 406. I was thinking I post too much here. Mind you, most of my posting at the other site has to do specifically with routes, trip reports and other local issues in Manitoba. It seems to me to be more easygoing here.
Should have put the quote in..

Here a the campfire if you make a mess you have to clean up after yourself. Spilled bear (er?) and a little loud talking is OK. In the research library the librarian will get after you if you bring beer or loud noise in or make a mess of yourself.

Well, I played over on that myCCR for a while (Post Solo Tripping) seemed to be an OK place. Really enjoyed their joke section. Then some modern day puritan blew in from somewhere and banned all sexual jokes. Given humans proclivity for things sexual that's like a fish being allergic to water. Way too tight arsed for me.

I agree with you Mihun, this site is easygoing and I think that's the key to it's popularity. That and the fact that most don't take themselves too seriously.
It's kinda like which would you rather be: Willey Post or Albert Einstein? (quick research project for the younger set :rolleyes:) About your posts: Your canoe repair work is very interesting and along with Robin's threads I've learned a lot. And you and Christine and your working through the challenges you face, well to me it seems a study in courage and comradeship. Keep 'em coming! And don't look back, Brad will soon be breathing down our necks!

Brad, Sorry about the thirty, it actually was a counter offer, don't ask what they were offering. :(

Best Wishes, Rob

P.S. I'm coming to like these :) little guy's!

Ha ha, I got disciplined over on Myccr a couple of times. The last time someone was writing one of those endless complaint threads about Algonquian park and some big rowdy group taking their campsite, or camping next to theirs, one of those park things. So I wrote in and told them to let their inner pirate out, sneak over at night, drink all their liquor, impregnate their women, and then leave in the mist of dawn. Somehow, that got turned into me promoting a rape culture, and a bunch of other PC crap. A joke is a joke, after all, I'm sure the pirates would have laughed.

Back