• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

OT serial # help

Reaction score
I am researching an 18 foot OT guide with the serial # 138978. I was unable to get to the WCHA forums since they changed their website and was hoping someone here could help. Thanks

http://www.wcha.org/forums/index.php?attachments/138987-jpg.36915/

The Old Town canoe with serial number 138978 is a 17 foot long, CS (Common Sense or middle) grade, HW (heavy water) model with open spruce gunwales, ash decks, ash thwarts, ash seats, a keel, and a floor rack. It was built between December, 1943 and February, 1944. The original exterior paint color was maroon. It shipped on April 26th, 1944 to Newark, New Jersey. A scan showing this build record can be found by following the link at the attached thumbnail image below.

Not your boat?

Thanks so much for doing that YC. I don't think it is the boat that I am looking at, as it is supposedly an 18 footer. The last two digits that I didn't include were 18. I will get back to the seller and see if he can give the numbers a closer look.

I think the length is stamped after the serial #, separated by a space, that's why I didn't include it. I was able to log in at WCHA today. The problem was at my end, but they did make some changes to their website.

Back