• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Only Two Seasons

Thanks for your kind words, Erica... I actually bought some of those daylilies by mail order from Florida, Daylily Discounters. Florida plants seem like they'd be tender this far north, they were making claims that they're hardy for even the coldest parts of the states and after 20-25 years up here in the frozen north, it seems they weren't lying... it's freezing cold today and with not a lot of snow on the ground, maybe the other plants are suffering. Spring will tell all, wish this was Florida today. Your plants sound great, send some photos over to warm things up... cheers!

I grow day lilies here in Idaho, as a food source. They are hardy, and the blossom buds are delicious.

Thanks for your kind words, Erica... I actually bought some of those daylilies by mail order from Florida, Daylily Discounters. Florida plants seem like they'd be tender this far north, they were making claims that they're hardy for even the coldest parts of the states and after 20-25 years up here in the frozen north, it seems they weren't lying... it's freezing cold today and with not a lot of snow on the ground, maybe the other plants are suffering. Spring will tell all, wish this was Florida today. Your plants sound great, send some photos over to warm things up... cheers!

My garden is not as picturesque as yours. It is wilder and integrates natives, tropical veggies and fruits and edges off into the pine forest. However, it is not covered with snow right now. ;)
These photos are of things in my garden right now.

Erica

Attachments

• photo10953.jpg
    photo10953.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10954.jpg
    photo10954.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10955.jpg
    photo10955.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10956.jpg
    photo10956.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10957.jpg
    photo10957.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10958.jpg
    photo10958.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10959.jpg
    photo10959.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10960.jpg
    photo10960.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 0
Where I live we have eight seasons of of the year, like the rest of the circum Boreal world. Summer, Early Autumn, Autumn, Early Winter, Deep Dark Winter, Late Winter, Early Spring, and Spring.
All good for for planning and/or for taking trips if you are young and tough or young at heart and mentaly tough.

Hmm
Early Autumn . Warm no tourists
Leaf Peeping: beware inattentive drivers
Late Autumn: Snow on the day you plan to rake
Early Winter :You put the Christmas lights up usually a few snows
Midwinter: never gets above 0'F and the snow comes every three days
Late Winter: cant get a heavy truck in as loads are linited Frost heaves make every driver seem drunk
Mud Season Early: You skid out on the top inch of mud and ricochet off ten foot tall snowbanks
Mud Season Mid: Your 4x4 sinks to its frame
Mud Season Late: you try to yank Christmas lights from the ground . As it is still ice you fail
your lights are on at Easter
Spring: One day after the 2-4 weekend
Blackfly season : Till June
Tourist season : June--Sept

Repeat

Back