• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Nova Craft Super Nova in Royalex-lite

G

I might replace my Super Nova in RX with the same model in RX-lite. Wonder if the lite version would approximate the RX's stiffness, which is considerable. That round bottom.

There are some lites out there. Any experience or hearsay, anyone?

I might replace my Super Nova in RX with the same model in RX-lite. Wonder if the lite version would approximate the RX's stiffness, which is considerable. That round bottom.

There are some lites out there. Any experience or hearsay, anyone?

Welcome Acer!

I looked for on-line reviews and couldn't find any. I trust that someone will chime in with experience.

Willis

Thanks Willis.

Glad to be aboard. Nice looking site.

There's a lite owner at SoloTripping, but since that page shut down, I've had no way to get in touch with him.

Probably there are few lites out there. You can get one on special order, but they don't show up in the catalog.

Maybe in time someone here will tell me that they "know someone who knows someone who........ ".

Recently I made contact with a former SN(RX-lite) owner who's also had time in the SN(RX). There's no softness about the lite model he said, and he attributes that to the round bottom.

There are two more lite owners I've uncovered. I'll report back if I can reach them.

Hi Willis,

Turns out that the other two Super Nova owners I mentioned also say that the SN in RX-lite is stiff. But one described how he got a hole punched in the hull when he shouldn't have. So there is now a question of durability. It was suggested that the production quality of the SN model is sort of variable. I don't know about that, but I have thought about the nature of RX. It gives, and if the rigidity of the round SN hull doesn't allow so much give, then maybe the limits of the material in the lite version might be made more plain.

In any case, I'm likely to try a lite since I won't be taking the boat anywhere that I can't get out of with a half day tromp at most. I've always been impressed by a line on the SN that I read a long time ago: it said to effect that the SN in RX was designed to get you back home from the ends of the earth even in the event of a canoe crunching catastrophe. Well at least that's good party conversation for me.

Thanks for the bit of leg work you did for my inquiry.

Hope all's well.

Wow!! Don't know how I got twin photos, but there they are.

Can't delete them either. Nor can I add anything to the post below them.

What's up?

L1450314_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah.

Thanks. Rip it out. I'll try to avoid doing that in the future.

Yeah.

Thanks. Rip it out. I'll try to avoid doing that in the future.

In the future you can click on edit post, double click on the unwanted picture (you will see some little squares appear at the corners and the middle of the edges) right click and select delete. Then save.

Glad to be of service.

Back