• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Nice day paddle

Reaction score
After years of confusion I finally realized that paddling with a dog in front of me counts as tandem ("one in front of the other").

We've been getting out pretty regularly. The boat cart lets me launch in a local farmer's field where I have permission to use his property. I rarely see anyone else on the river and now with Michigan banning powerboaters and jet skis it should stay that way. The river may look calm but I'd estimate the current is around 2.5 mph and 3+ mph in some places so the upstream part is good exercise. The sliding seat in the Osprey really helps trim the boat and make extra room for the dog. Pics are from last Saturday when it hit 70 here in SW Michigan.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for posting . It looks like your dog is enjoying the outing. It is good to see someone is getting out.

Thanks for your photos. They remind me of what I'm waiting for. It's still in the mid-40s here in my part of central NY so I won't be out on the local waterways for another couple of weeks based on the forecast. NYS just officially closed boat launches as of today but I have many access points still available to me so once the weather warms up, and the winds die down (we've been experiencing a lot 15-20 mph winds lately), I'll be out with my pooch as well. Can't wait to do so, so thanks for reminding me of what I'm waiting for. I appreciate it.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

We've been out paddling in the trees 3 times this year on the connowango in south western ny. Plan to go again soon. I miss my Osprey--nice boat.

A bit of a thread drift here (my apologies) but to my brethren in western NY...I too woke up to snow this morning and it wasn't predicted until later this afternoon. The current forecast is now calling for snow off & on into the weekend. It's going to be longer than I'd hoped before my paddle is going to touch the water I'm afraid :(

snapper

Great looking canoe and dog ... I am envious, the Governor here has closed all parks and now the southern Wisconsin river water way has been closed as well. No more paddling for me for the near future ... you posted great pics, keep them coming please.

Great looking canoe and dog ... I am envious, the Governor here has closed all parks and now the southern Wisconsin river water way has been closed as well. No more paddling for me for the near future ... you posted great pics, keep them coming please.

I'm happy to post more pics but I'll warn you right now that I'm perfectly content to go to the same put-in every day. Pic in vineyard taken two days ago and pic on the river taken yesterday. I hope to get some more similar pics today.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get onto the Wisconsin river locally. That is a beautiful river that really appeals to me and I want to spend more time paddling on it. I'd be very curious to know your recommendations for good put-ins or good sections of the river. I visit Lone Rock periodically but have never been more than about 20 minutes west of Lone Rock. If you PM me and let me know your favorite put-ins I won't tell anyone else. :)

Cheers
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	788.2 KB ID:	108568Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	788.2 KB ID:	108568

Man...you're making me nuts! It's still in the mid 40s here in central NY and tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy with snow flurries (again!). Thanks at least for posting as I'm now living vicariously through your paddling adventures.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...

be well.

snapper

Man...you're making me nuts! It's still in the mid 40s here in central NY and tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy with snow flurries (again!). Thanks at least for posting as I'm now living vicariously through your paddling adventures.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...

be well.

snapper
Well snapper if it makes you feel any better the weather here has been crummy too. Our forecast of sunny and mid-60's Wed-Fri changed to 40's and windy and then 40's and rainy so haven't been paddling much. Had to surrender my scarf to the mutt yesterday and she was still shivering. Hopefully next week will be better even if still colder than normal.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 0
Gumpus - Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. That said, the current forecast is calling for 3"+ of snow for Sunday night into Monday. Looks like my paddle & canoe will remain in the barn for a bit longer :mad:

snapper

Rained all day yesterday and windy today but the wind finally died down a bit in the evening. I took this pic around 8pm this evening.
image.jpeg

Back