• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

New member from Michigan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been a member on here for a bit now but never posted so thought I would introduce myself. I am from the Grand Rapids area. I have recently got back into canoeing after taking a hiatus for a few years. I have canoed in the Boundary waters, Algonquin, and many places in northern Michigan and the upper peninsula. I have plans to do some crown land trips in Ontario and WCPP as well once the border opens. I have a black lab that generally accompanies me on all my trips. I currently own a Old Town Kingfisher 14, a Swift Keewaydin 14, and a Swift Prospector 14, with an eye on a Nova Craft prospector. I look forward to getting to know everyone and maybe hopefully meet up for some group paddles. I promise not a shameless plug but I also have a YouTube channel with some trip videos that you might be interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRu...VJIRfkZES0GJLQ

Dan

Last edited:
Welcome Dan. Looking forward to your trip reports and contributions- you are a days drive from some great paddling!

Bob

Welcome. Quickened my pulse to hear the spring peepers in the background in the The Keewaydin 14 review.

Lexi did pretty well for a first time canoe pup. We have a new pup due for pick up in 3 weeks. Looking forward to training it for spring paddles.

Welcome. Quickened my pulse to hear the spring peepers in the background in the The Keewaydin 14 review.

Lexi did pretty well for a first time canoe pup. We have a new pup due for pick up in 3 weeks. Looking forward to training it for spring paddles.

Yep, sping peepers are like music to a paddlers ear! Spring is come and there's open water. Yes, Lexi is great, best dog I've had. I hope you have many good trips ahead of you with your pup.

Hello Dan,

In Western NY for 20+ years but Traverse City is home, and I lived by 5 Mile and Fruitridge in GR for some years. Probably canoed those same rivers in Northern Mich and the UP. In fact, my buddy from GR is coming out for 5 days in the ADK's in May. Gonna catch some black flies.

Welcome aboard.

Back