• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

New Header Image

Reaction score
Thanks to Stripperguy (Mike) for allowing me to use his image above. It shows a beautiful Stripper canoe he built, and is meant to be a big Thanks for the folks who share their knowledge, talent, ideas and experiences here at CanoeTripping.
The two young paddlers braving the elements of early spring paddling remind us of what is right around the corner.

I like the new header image Robin and the nice canoe Stripperguy.

That photo shows my son and his wife lifting over one of the 8 beaver dams that we encountered along the Chain Drain. He has been wilderness camping since he was 6 months old, paddling since he was 3 years old and building boats with me since he was 6 years old. We had a delayed start to that day, waiting for the skim ice to soften enough for us to paddle from our campsite. The Chain Drain is the outlet of the Essex Chain Lakes, draining into the Rock River. Near the confluence is a rocky chasm, where the Chain Drain drops about 60 ft in a series of 3 or 4 steps, a very pretty spot that is seldom visited. The boat is an 18 ft modified comp cruiser, the fault of my daughter's search for an ever faster hull. It is fast but twitchy as can be,weighing 40 lbs even. It looks great in brochures, but is not the friendliest of my builds.

I'm not sure but I think my guy might have put the header image on a slow rotation with a few ideas I had...this is new to me, but stand by and watch what happens.;)

I'm one of those herky jerky internet wanderers, who jump around from one place to another. As a result I'll jump into and out of this campsite several times a day. I've noticed the header changes, and enjoyed them enormously. Many thanks to IT John and of course Robin, for keeping this fire burning. Also a shout out to folks like Stripperguy, Ted... for their contributions. Sweet photos and memories.

Last edited:
Back