• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

New canoe shop

Oh man this sure conjures up some ghosts. Had a friend (I wonder where he went?) who always kept a 2-4 of 50 in his trunk. "Year round it's always at the best temperature!" Except when it froze Jeff. His trunk always smelled of old beer. Nothing but the best for Jeff. Only 50. He insisted that a beery trunk was better than mine. My trunk smelled of wood. I kept an enormous log back there in winter for (rear wheel drive) traction. Until I bought an old front wheel drive hatch back Renault. Say au revoir to my trunk say hello to funner winter driving. Jeff made it a point never to pay more than 100 bucks for a car. That guy had horse shoes up his trunk cause his cars always seemed to outlast ours. And whenever we'd laugh at his expense about his 50 beer he'd waggle his finger under our noses and insist he'd moved upmarket from Dow beer. "I'll never go back to Dow. My trunk's too good for that!"

That pellet stove must kick out a nice heat.

Last edited:
I still enjoy the occasional case of 50 now and again, although there was a long period when just the sight of the logo would give me the willies. We'd use our lighter, summertime fishing trip float-plane loads to stock the camp up for moose season. We'd keep the cases under the camp. One year the porkies took a liking to the cardboard and the bottles rolled out and were exposed to the sun for the better part of the summer. Upon arrival for moose season, in one fluid motion, my dad twisted off a cap, brought it to his lips and took a big swig. Skunk!

Sorry for the highjack, Robin - the shop looks like a great place to while away the winter. I have a 5000 watt heater in mine - wood heat is much nicer, though my insurance company much prefers my current solution.

Looks like you re-used old thwarts for the backing of your paddle racks. Nice!

Gee, missed the update, looks great! That's a real man-cave. I think I didn't see the beer fridge though, or are you old school, and keep a case of Labatt 50 by the pellet stove so its nice and warm when you drink it?

HaHa, If you come east, Ill install a fridge ad get a bunch of Bud Lite.

Oddy/Scratchy-The pellet works great, and I was able to pick it up and install it myself so that was a nice savings.

Murat, Yes, I used old thwarts to hang the paddles, worked out well.

Al, No charge, byo is a good idea, I'll supply the seats.:cool:

Back