• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

New boat ordered

G

I ordered a Colden Canoe Nomad last week. It will be my new big solo. can't wait to get it.
turtle

I have #2 and REALLY like it!!! It cruises effortlessly, Paul builds Great Boats and a joy to do business with. You will really like it.

Going into paul's shop the first thing I noticed was the smell. It brought back pleasant memories of helping him build boats there when he first started. My solos usually either earn a name that comes to me or are named by suggestions of friends. My Colden Flashfire is named "Flash Jordan". It' first wilderness trip was up the Jordan river so paul suggested Jordan for a name another paddler friend added that since it is a Flashfire it should be named Flash Jordan. A cleaver double meaning.
Turtle

Had a Curtis nomad (same hull) that I regret to this day selling. Wonderful traveling boat that tracks and is maneuverable. Can heel to the rail if required. Tracks great during the day, then unload and take it out to play after dinner. Enjoy!

No Title

And Turtle.. horrors you can paddle it with a double.. I have no idea why Jim was in double mode on Cedar Key.. the winds were down.. Yes we were lost. Turtle I cherish your autograph in my DragonFly and Steve I thought you said you would be dead before parting with the Nomad. Where did it go?

Attachments

• photo6271.jpg
    photo6271.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Kim! Sold the Nomad to a guy in Tx....replaced eventually with Peregrine which I find very similar and enjoy but it's not quite as fast and not quite the glide since cross section is flatter on the bottom. Small difference most probably wouldn't notice but I spent a lot of time in that Nomad and knew her well.

We had a race in the Everglades under tough tidal currents between Peregrine and Nomad.. Nomad won easily

People accuse me of paddling at a turtles pace, what do they expect? Seriously, I'm excited about the new boat and already am planning local and ADK paddles to take it on. It should be done mid may. Paul was nice enough to fit it in between other orders. He seems to be doing a good business.
Turtle

I think the last two posters don't have a clue as to Pauls workflow.. He is a builder selling direct. There is no there to go to.. He meets you somewhere mutually agreeable. perhaps at his shop perhaps elsewhere. Its not like special ordering a Wenonah..a mass market canoe and having it arrive at your dealer when Wenonahs truck makes a delivery ( out east that can be months).
I waited for my FlashFire from Bell and it arrived in the wrong color. I took it as I wasn't going to wait six months for the next truckload of boats.

When folks say "they" I think they have never seen a one man shop without a dealer network,

And that is about the only way I will now buy a canoe.. but need no more! Placid and Hemlockand Millbrook are other brands that you buy direct from the builder.. I think Savage River too.

Correct and I wasn't talking about Paul, just a general statement about fact that MY canoe wasn't ready when I was told it would be.

Back