• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

National Canoe Day, June 26

Reaction score
I missed it, who knew? In my world, canoes are a daily thing, whether I’m thinking, working on or paddling them I just love the open canoe. Hope you all had a happy Canoe Day.

EFB4FC2F-172B-4F5D-8496-9B8B505D9EA6.jpeg

Does loading the canoe on my car for an early departure tomorrow morning count as observing Canoe Day? Heading to VT to visit my son and his family... get the grandchildren out on the water in traditional wood canvas style.

To celebrate the 26th, I hauled out the canoe I built for my wife when we got married. It was our honeymoon canoe, we had a great time in it. It has been hanging in my son's garage for over five years, so when I brought it down, it was dirty as heck. Washed it all up, looks good. We had intended to paddle it that day, but we had to take a relative to Thunder Bay instead. maybe today...I need to get my wife back into paddling, we are going up to start work on the Marshall Lake loop next week, both really looking forward to that!
97GPjPi.jpg
oEHh9OR.jpg
G75aTyy.jpg

Beautiful canoe, mem! But a honeymoon canoe? No wonder you were one of the few who said they hit a homerun in response to Glenn's recent poll about canoodling in a canoe!

Back