• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

MidWest Mountaineerings Spring event April 25

Reaction score
Going up, as I always do to Midwest's event !
I'm always at the auction
It would be great to meet up with some of you !
St Paul Mn. :)

Jim

See you there !
Will you have room to haul back a canoe ? HA!
If I buy one, the wife might not be too happy !. I
I'll just stop and pick it up, then tell the wife I'm"TRADING" !
I know it won't work ! She knows me too well !

I would like to pick up some aluminum gunnels at North West Canoe, not sure What rig I'm driving.

Yes, I'll have room to haul a couple canoes back if need be. Be happy to transport one as far as Estherville for you and perhaps deliver it the rest of the way in person a couple weeks later. Always happy to play the enabler. :)

What length and style gunwales do you need? How picky are you and in how big of a hurry? I might be removing some from one or two boats this summer. 15' solo (kite) and 17.5' tandem (Sawyer Cruiser). The sawyer are the standard one piece and black. The Kite has the champagne colored two piece Bell gunwales. It's also possible I might not get around to those projects either......

Alan

Good to know you will have room !

I slept on the aluminum gunnel idea, for the Kevlar Pearl, but thwarts, hanging the seats, and the decks put me off.
I'm going to stick with Ash for now anyway.
Thanks !

Looking forward to SEEING you Saturday !!

Jim

It was a great day at Midwest Mountaineering's Spring Event and Auction !
A great day to sell canoes, as I thought prices ran on the high side.

Met Alan Gage ! We are going to have SOO much fun when we get canoes in the water ! Looking forward to it !

Also hooked up with an old friend and mentor, Bob Brown. Always love talking shop with Bob !

The seminars were great ! Missed several, just can't be in two places at the same time ! Need to work on that ! ;)

Saw Kevin Callan, crossing the street , Wish I could have stayed for the Sunday show with Kevin and Cliff Jacobson !

Just had a great time ! Here's a pic of the Auction from the parking garage.
IMG_0516_zpsvwywspk1.jpg
IMG_0517_zpsiqv8ivkc.jpg

Jim

Back