• Happy Birthday, Simon Fraser (1776-1862)! 🧭🏞 4️⃣9️⃣

Marshall Lake video TR

That was a good trip, I've got a lot of fond memories! Nice cut off on the hail storm, trying to keep your PG rating, eh?

Nice cut off on the hail storm, trying to keep your PG rating, eh?

After the trip we all gathered at Memaquay's place (again:p)and after another great meal provided by Ms. Memaquay (Ilean) we sat around the big screen and watched our pictures from the trip. It was great fun, lots of laughs, memories still fresh.

Anyway, if you watch the youtube vid at the end as we drive out we get caught in a storm, really heavy rain and hail and while filming this, I happened to say "Hail, F*%#ing Hail!" which came out loud and clear on the replay.

It got a good laugh that evening at Memaquay's, but I figured I better edit it for Youtube, so I just left the "Hail!"

Great memories too Memaquay

I just noticed, your Chum is green outside and natural inside and Mem's is the opposite way.

We love this video. It brings back so many memories. Miranda says over my shoulder as we watch the pickerel in the frying pan sequence "Mmmm, that was sooo good." I can smell the woodsmoke, hear the distant rapids, feel the sun's warmth, and yes I can still taste every breakfast.
It's funny that you and memaquay had much the same response to the hail. I had switched trucks shortly before this storm, and sat with Rob driving through this as he constantly worried " We gotta get off this road before it gets washed out!! My new truck! Lookit the hail bounce off the hood! It better not leave any dings!! We gotta get off this road before..."

Yes that brings back a lot of good memories. I am jonesing for another weekend here before the cold hits.

I just noticed, your Chum is green outside and natural inside and Mem's is the opposite way.

Funny how that worked out. I liked paddling that stripper, it sat higher out of the water than my Chum, I guess cause mine is about 15 lbs heavier, but it was a nice paddling canoe.

In the hail storm I was thinking about all the glass exposed on the side it was driving in from. Sideways rain and hail for 15 minutes. I lacked a canoe for protection.

Nice TR Robin, it was a good way to start my Sunday morning, and kudos for carrying that w/c boat. I'm not sure I could do it now (without major back pain) and you have 10 years on me.

I have a rule of thumb to determine how heavy a boat I should carry. I subtract my age from 100 to get the answer, unfortunately I am about 12 years behind schedule.

Back