• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

Maiden Voyage MN II

Reaction score
We were finally able to get the new boat licensed, rigged and paddled today. Wenonah Minnesota II in carbon, with both seats being sliders and Kevlar skid plates. It isn't the least bit traditional compared to many of the classic boats on here but it was fun. In the light winds of today, it was a very good six mile trial on Big Pine Lake near Perham, Minnesota. I think we will become very fond of it. My wife had never really paddled a canoe before but enjoyed it more and more as the time went by.

Attachments

• photo2158.jpg
    photo2158.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 1
I think we will become very fond of it. My wife had never really paddled a canoe before but enjoyed it more and more as the time went by.

Nice, happy it worked out for you guys, So many good things in your post...old canoe, Mn II, a lake in Minnesota, "it was fun", and best of all a happy wife...Thanks

A New Canoe can be one of the great joys in life. Getting your wife interested puts you in the bonus round.

Thanks to you all. It a new avenue of adventure for us. It has been many years since I have done any canoe tripping. We both love the extended kayak trips that we have done. However, we have come to the conclusion that a canoe will open up a lot areas where the frequency of portages makes the kayaks much more effort. The possibilities for some great, backcountry trips has greatly expanded with the canoe, as you all well know. Thanks again.

Heyyyy no worries about the boat....we have all sorts of lovely old w/c canoes and we trip with kevlar...lol. That is a really nice looking canoe you have and I can see you having all sorts of good times in it. Get out and paddle...that is what counts.

Back