• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Magic Dog

I paddled a Magic extensively with a 60 pound and 30 pound dog (not at the same time). No complaints. That's why I'd bought it in the first place.

Hull remained the same as far as I know.

Alan

I'm thinking of replacing one of my tripping boats. Looking for something as stable as my Prism, but better handling without a load, just the dog, me and a tackle box.

Hey Black_Fly,

That rental boat actually looks like a Magic to me. The shoulder on a Wildfire would be much higher and closer to the gunwales.

I’d probably have a Magic if it wasn’t for the incredibly low price I got my Prism for. The Magic fits that category of my paddling just a bit better.

Also, per the differences in the Magic from Bell to Northstar, I don’t know of any, other than the mold splits in the middle vs. lengthwise down the keel line. While this leaves a much more visible “seam” (it’s not a seam, the hull is one piece but I don’t know what else to call it), I believe this is supposed to be stronger and keep the mold from sagging sooner, or developing other shape issues that may not be noticed until after too many poor shaped hulls were made.

Well I loved that rental, although it wasn't as stable when fishing as the prism. Don't think it had the capacity of the Prism either. I did notice less trouble with wind when lightly loaded though.

I would agree with all of that. While I rarely fish, I do have my camera with me at all times and felt the Magic was plenty stable for trying to shoot moving creatures, though I was kneeling and that always feels better to me when shifting my weight around.

Back