• Happy National All or Nothing Day! ♾️0️⃣💭

Little Norridgewock Stream (Chesterville WMA), Chesterville, ME

Reaction score
google maps location
topo map with route and some details

Not a destination paddle, but if you're in the neighborhood this is a nice day trip (if you don't mind getting your feet wet a time or two). I live about 15 minutes away and go here semi-regularly; there are often people fishing near the put-in, but I've only seen 1 other person paddling here which is kinda nutty. It's nice. About 6.5 miles of mostly winding deadwater-ish creek from put-in to the middle of Parker Pond (not to be confused with the much larger Parker Pond only a few miles away). Lots of close encounters with waterfowl, beavers, deer, etc. I took about 6 leisurely hours making my way up to the pond, having lunch in the middle, and traveling back.

20240519_114021.jpg20240519_115741.jpg

I love little quiet streams like that. Do you have any idea why Google maps calls it Wilson Stream?
lt flows into Wilson Stream just before Wilson Stream joins the Sandy River, so a transcription error would be my guess.

Thanks for sharing. I'm in that area often and will have to check it out. Is there a boat launch there or how is the put-in parking?

Thanks for sharing. I'm in that area often and will have to check it out. Is there a boat launch there or how is the put-in parking?
pretty small parking area, can only fit 2 or 3 cars. it's usually empty or has 1 car there from people fishing. there's a path worn down to the water that functions as a hand carry put-in.

Back