• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Lac de Joux, Switzerland

Reaction score
At the end of September I did a short overnight trip on the Lac de Joux. It's a nice small lake in the French speaking part of Switzerland. It's about two miles as the crow flies to the border to France.
IMG_1753.JPG
The canoe is packed and ready to go

IMG_1758.JPG
Wind is picking up

IMG_1782.JPG
Steep limestone cliffs at the nort shore. You don't want to get blown into those sharp rocks

IMG_1785.JPG
Reached camp

IMG_1789.JPG
Started a fire

IMG_1801.JPG
Tent is set up

IMG_1804.JPG
Foggy morning

IMG_1811.JPG
It cleared up and I'm ready to go back

IMG_1815.JPG
Calm water and a nice view

IMG_1816.JPG
Spotted some animals up on the rock wall

IMG_1820.JPG
Chamois (rupicapra rupicapra) live here which is quite unusual (sorry about the bad picture, they are pretty fast)

IMG_1827.JPG
"Modern pictographs"

IMG_1833.JPG
It's still calm

IMG_1836.JPG
Ready to drive home

Thanks for watching!

Greetings from Switzerland!

André

Very interesting trip report and destination for us foreigners, André. Thanks for taking the time to post it here.

I just realized that you are now paddling a different canoe from the Redbird stripper your early photos showed. What model Nova Craft is it, and where did you get it in Switzerland?

I just realized that you are now paddling a different canoe from the Redbird stripper your early photos showed.
Wow! Glenn do you memorize all the canoes of all the members of this forum? The stripper my friend built/owns is in Sweden right now, until next spring, at least.
What model Nova Craft is it, and where did you get it in Switzerland?
It's the model 'Superior' in royalite. In Canada and USA the model is sold under the name 'Tripper', as far as I know. I bought it used from a guy in Bavaria (Germany) two months ago. He replaced the vinyl gunwales with wooden ones and switched the seat placements so you can solo paddle the asymmetrical hull forward.

I just realized that you are now paddling a different canoe from the Redbird stripper your early photos showed.

Wow! Glenn do you memorize all the canoes of all the members of this forum?

No, but you're a special case. At no other time have I tried to resurrect my 60-year-old German to have email exchanges with a guy from Switzerland to urge him to post on the site. So, I did remember your initial trip report being in some sort of wood canoe because I was so pleased to see it. I confess that I did have to look at your first report again to recall the name Redbird.

Hope you are enjoying your Nova Craft. They make fine canoes.

Back