• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Introducing me

Reaction score
I’d like to take a moment and introduce myself to you all. Started in a canoe as a baby up in the Adirondacks lakes every summer with my family. Seems Grumman’s were the weapon of choice for my dad and always strapped on top of a ’49 Chevy back in the early 50s. Attended NYS Conservation camp at 15 with lots of canoeing. Fast forward some 30 years and I’m a dad of two boys living in Bath County, Virginia. Got back into canoeing and now living next to Shenandoah National Park. My son and I got more into canoes and spent most of the pandemic buying and selling canoes. I ended up with a MR Courier and a MR Guide. So here we are up to date and now have read most of the posts here! I’m 71 now and love to fish and canoe and build guitars- what else is there…

Well done. It isn’t like decent canoes, especially solos, have been raining from the skies during the pandemic. Finding a used Courier and used Guide must have taken some searching and trading.

I gotta ask, what hull materials; Royalex, glass or kevlar? Used composite Couriers and Guides are unicorns.

Both are royalex. Courier is 14’10” and the guide is 14’8 I think

Welcome! I also grew up in a Grumman. When I got my first kevlar canoe I sent my father an email with the subject line, "New baby. Photo attached."

Welcome. Good to meet you. I have a MR Guide also, among others.

Back