• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

I'm from Missouri

G

Hello, as you can tell by my username, I am a paddler from Missouri and have been addicted for over 35 years. I have logged several thousand miles on the Missouri river alone, and have paddled most of the rivers in the state, as well as many in Arkansas. When I first started paddling on the Mighty MO I rarely saw another paddler and my family thought I was crazy to get on the river without a motor! I am pleased to say that I am seeing more and more paddlers enjoying this great resource, and have made it my personal mission to introduce newbies to river paddling, offering free guide service to anyone who is interested. I look forward to sharing experiences and gaining more knowledge from this forum.

Welcome, and good for you . We take newcomers to the Allagash River in Maine every year and its fun to watch their eyes open to canoe tripping.

MO Paddler, where are you paddling right now? There are a lot of Ozark paddlers who are looking for a river for their rendezvous that does not involve NPS access nor Corp of Engineer access. The Rendezvous starts in less than two weeks but right now is riverless.

There are many MDC access points along the Lower MO that are not affiliated with the Feds. I'll message my contact info to you, I can offer suggestions and/or assistance to them.

Back