• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Hey Canotrouge: Wood/Canvas on the left coast

Thank you for the link... We are driving down to BC this summer, I might try to have a look at some of his canoe... There is an other guy to that have boat for sell some time in the BC to , The Canoe Guy....

Dave Lanthier has been restoring and selling boats for a lot of years, he does nice work. His prices would be high out this way but there is more money available in the area for him, mostly Albertan's. Well, maybe not so much these days.

I don't think that Douglas Ingram in your neck of the wood would charge much less... Maybe with the economy going down the drain his(Dave Lanthier)price will go down come summer time!?!?
Anyway, my ultimate plan is to go at Doug's shop in Lorette and build a Timber Cruiser with him... But that will have to wait a year or two:(

You have to start with some pretty good hulls in the first place to get the sort of results that net those prices. Ergo, he is invested pretty heavy in them and needs to sit on them until they sell. Nice boats though and some rarer ones like those Fabers and the Krueger. The Hurons are $1500 boats at best. But hey,they are worth whatever someone will pay for them. Come summer time there are buckets full for sale in Ontario if you have the time and money.

We tend to start with basket case hulls and bring them back to life as that is the challenge. Sometimes the end result is not as pretty as others, but mostly they are pretty good.

That Timber Cruiser ( Kildonan canoes copy) is a reaaaaaalllllly nice boat. It is even better up close and personal. Huge hull but super fine ends on it. A serious travelling canoe for long trips. Maybe some day.

Back