• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Hello from Western NY

Reaction score
Hi
I'm Scott
Live on the Erie Canal, near Lake Ontario, Oak Orchard Creek, 20 minutes from Niagara Falls (don't paddle there though)
I love flat water paddling, Canadice/Hemlock/Fingerlakes, Adirondacks, just discovering Canadian destinations like Killarney and Muskoka area. I love reading message boards during "hard water" season.

Have an old 17 foot aluminum canoe lovingly referred to as "the barge."
Stopped paddling for many years until one day my son discovered the canoe in a hedgerow and asked "Does it work?" I said "No, it floats, you work!" And we've been paddling buddies ever since.

So that's my story...great to read everyone's introductions!
Scott

Re: Hello from Western NY

[quote author=ScottB link=topic=140.msg342#msg342 date=1325549746]
Hi
I'm Scott
Live on the Erie Canal, near Lake Ontario, Oak Orchard Creek, 20 minutes from Niagara Falls (don't paddle there though)
I love flat water paddling, Canadice/Hemlock/Fingerlakes, Adirondacks, just discovering Canadian destinations like Killarney and Muskoka area. I love reading message boards during "hard water" season.

Have an old 17 foot aluminum canoe lovingly referred to as "the barge."
Stopped paddling for many years until one day my son discovered the canoe in a hedgerow and asked "Does it work?" I said "No, it floats, you work!" And we've been paddling buddies ever since.

So that's my story...great to read everyone's introductions!
Scott
[/quote]

I wonder how you can resist visiting Old Orchard Canoe and also Hemlock Canoe!..My wallet would be so empty so fast.

Re: Hello from Western NY

Welcome. I never owned a Grumman, but probably like most have paddled my share.

I bought my canoe from Oak Orchard, it would have been nice to spend that shipping money on gear.

Back