• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Ohio

G

greetings all. semi-newbie solo canoe operator here. Was a member of another site that dissapeared and I landed here. I recognise some of the members names :) here so I think I landed in the right spot. Yes I am still flailing around in my black gold yellostone solo. Glad to be here!

Jim

Welcome aboard, Jim. I imagine we'll see more and more familiar names from the other site as time goes on.

That's a sweet boat you have :)

Jim if you want to meet a bunch of solo crazies and a pile of solo canoes..come to Midwest FreeStyle Symposium. Its a gathering of canoeists for instruction (and we all can use that) but also a great way to meet other people in your neck of the woods who love to canoe and paddle solo.

To an extent we are all flailing! We all can learn..

http://freestylecanoeing.com/Events/Midwest.html. Its not clear but the event is in Peninsula midway between Akron and Cleveland in Cuyahoga National Forest.

We can maybe move you to a WildFire...!

Hi Jim. Welcome to the forums. I was also a participant on that defunct solo tripping forum. Good to have you here.
- Martin

thanks everyone. I am "supposed" to be in Idaho on an Elk hunt during that time but that has not been firmed up yet. If I don't go to Idaho I just might come to this event.

Back