• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Hello From Indiana

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Looking forward to owning my first canoe, an Old Town Camper 16. I briefly had one, but shipping damage forced me to return it for another and it will be a couple more weeks. Should have open water by then.

I have been enjoying the site and will continue to do so as a member. I look forward to my first trip report. :)

I love the BWCA.

Cary

Hi

Hi

Cary let us know of your travels far and of course in the BWCA.

Ice out in your area will be this year??

Hi Cary, and welcome. Hope your canoe arrives safe and sound; along with springtime as well. I don't know much about the BWCA, but look forward to hearing about it and your first solo there.
Take care,
Brad

Hi Cary,

My first and last "new" canoe was an Old Town Camper and it turned out to be a great all round canoe. My son has it now and the canoe is giving him and his family lots of good times.
Great choice imo.
Welcome.

Thanks, all of you!

It is supposed to hit 60*f today, so a lot of the ice should go today. Sadly, I took my mother in with Congestive Heart Failure yesterday and I may have some tough times before I can paddle.

Cary

Slippery Pete, as a former Hoosier, welcome. Plese keep us posted as to your canoe trips. I will keep a good thought for your mother.

Bob

I'm a fellow Hoosier....from just north of Indy. I just returned from a trip to the ADK to scout the first 100 miles of the NFCT. Great trip...but no open water.

Thanks Bob and 50littlebirds for the welcome, kind words and thoughts.

I am learning so may I ask what ADK and NFCT are? Thanks.

Cary

Last edited:
Thanks Bob and 50littlebirds for the welcome, kind words and thoughts.

I am learning so may I ask what ADK and NFCT are? Thanks.

Cary

ADK is shorthand for the Adirondack Park, a very large state park in NY. Northern Forest Canoe trail, a multi state canoe route...
If you've never visited the ADK's, you should take a look.

Back