• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from CNY

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to posting. I have been reading posts on here for some time. I am located south of Syracuse on Otisco lake. Looking forward to summer trips to ADK!

Current fleet

Hemlock SRT-Kevlar
Hemlock Eagle- LiteTec
Chestnut Prospector 17
Grumman 15 STD- trolling motor/fishing boat

17' Chestnut Prospector, best wood canvas canoe ever, per my mentor Schuyler Thomson (35 years canoe restorer). Welcome fellow Chestnut owner.

Hi from other than CNY! I was married and lived in Syracuse for years. We never thought of ourselves from Upstate. Horrors should anyone refer to us as that.

Central New York.. Liverpool Sports sold me my first canoe!

Welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina. Until 2017 my wife and I had a farm in Sennett (outside Auburn for some of the others) right next to Elderberry Pond Farm, the organic farm and restaurant on the other side of Skaneateles from you. I did most of what ice fishing I did in later years on Otisco.

Best regards,

Lance

Welcome, Mr 22, from the capital district of NY.
I've spent a lifetime paddling, camping, hiking, skiing in the ADK's, maybe I'll bump into you sometime...or maybe I already have!

BTW, nice boats, how about a few pics?

I just picked up the Chestnut last Saturday, My first WC canoe. What a boat!

Attachments

• 20200420_180209.jpg
    20200420_180209.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190707_103424.jpg
    20190707_103424.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180911_170636.jpg
    20180911_170636.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from the Cooperstown area! We're also considered part of central NY but probably on the eastern outskirts of same. Around here it's called "Leatherstocking Country" after the James Fenimore Cooper novels. Regardless of the designation, we have some nice paddling this way so feel free to travel out and join us if you get the time.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I love Cooperstown! My girlfriend and I paddle Goodyear every Memorial day to kick off our summer.

When you're on Goodyear is that for the regatta? I live between Milford & Portlandville so I'm not far from Goodyear Lake. Glad to know you're already familiar with the area. Hope to bump into you on the water sometime.

snapper

When you're on Goodyear is that for the regatta? I live between Milford & Portlandville so I'm not far from Goodyear Lake. Glad to know you're already familiar with the area. Hope to bump into you on the water sometime.

snapper
No regatta this year, no Round the Mountain, no Canton, likely others are gone too. Probably will not get to do the Cannonball-90 either, due to other commitments around the solstice time. Decision on the Classic 90 miler is yet to come.

Nice mix of canoes. You're just missing a Curtis Solo Tripper.

Oh, you had one of those ...

I have an OT HW, 1938 vintage, available if you are interested.

Recanvased by Vintage Canoe Works 14 years ago, only used once since then, taking up valuable space in my garage.

Back