• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Gas price

Not for me. Tank and a half - 750 miles round trip. I got that piggy bank on my dresser that all of my change goes into and I usually use that to pay for gas and chow on the way up.

But I did drop $95 bucks in Monday for go go juice. $3.56 here in North Iowa. 10% ethanol running around $3.46.

We had $3.87 yesterday in Central New York. Who knows what it will be today.

We had $3.87 yesterday in Central New York. Who knows what it will be today.

$3.93 here in WNY---usually highest around, never sure why.
Yes it will affect our plans.
We decided last night to focus on some new Adirondack trips this summer...had wanted to go to Northern Canada or Michigan or maybe Wyoming, but gas plus fees add up fast.

I'm amazed at the fees charged to go places: $11.50 per night per person for back country camping in some Ontario Provincial Parks, fees per night on Allagash in Maine, etc, etc. Fishi
...guess I'm just spoiled in ADK's...free, no permits(for usual things),no reservations,.... just pack and go.
Also wondering about paddling opportunities in Finger Lakes area in NY...looking for cheap things this summer.
Scott

I was in Oneonta this morning. $3.959. It will probably be over $4 this week.

$3.84 today vs $3.79 yesterday.

But what the heck is e-85? I saw that out west and had no idea if I could put it in my truck which normally takes 87 octane. The alternative in Kansas was 88 octane or that e-85.

We just have 87,91 and 93 here in the East.

E-85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gas. If your engine isn't designed for it you will destroy it.

Back