• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

FIshing pack boat with speed

Hi, I have the carbon version of the Swift 13.6 pack boat and I bought it for fishing around town during the week. It’s perfect for fishing, I have totally been satisfied with it. It was expensive but at 24 lbs its been so fun finding so many lakes and ponds and just enjoying the boat itself. I highly recommend it. I never thought I would spend over 3 grand on a canoe but my original plan was to buy a bass boat. That woulda costed me around 10 grand. I fished at least once a week with it this last summer while my neighbors bass boat sat in his backyard. I smile every time I pull into my garage and see it hanging there! Best thing I ever did for myself!

MinnesotaMan, welcome to site membership!

@WMass Paddler I have the Keywadin 15 pack canoe, which thus far I've only taken out on lakes, but I am planning a river trip (Etowah river in Georgia). Would you mind elaborating on the "not a river boat" thing, so I'm not caught off-guard....

Senojsitruc, welcome to site membership!

@WMass Paddler I have the Keywadin 15 pack canoe, which thus far I've only taken out on lakes, but I am planning a river trip (Etowah river in Georgia). Would you mind elaborating on the "not a river boat" thing, so I'm not caught off-guard....
I was referring to my cruiser 14.8. it's lack of any significant rocker, narrow beam, and relatively shallow gunwales are what prompted me to comment that it is best suited for flatwater.

I have, and like best, 15' prospectors for moving water. lots of rocker, and much higher gunwales, and greater width all make for a dryer, safer moving water canoe.

That being said there are many other designs, besides prospectors, which handle moving water effectively.

Back