• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Dagger Interlude

Reaction score
Anyone ever paddle an Interlude?

I stumbled upon this one while looking for a solo. They had it listed for $300 with only a few images and it ended up being about 15 minutes from my house. It was in pretty nice shape and the couple gave me three paddles along with it, including a really pretty Grey Owl.

I got the kids busy scrubbing the years of dust off of it, the wood definitely needs a little attention but the hull appears to be in great shape. I think it will end up replacing our MR Journey 156 for family day trips, I just want to see how she paddles before moving the kids center seat over.

Attachments

• photo9996.jpg
    photo9996.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo9997.jpg
    photo9997.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo9998.jpg
    photo9998.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo9999.jpg
    photo9999.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo10000.jpg
    photo10000.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo10001.jpg
    photo10001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2
I have some recollections of the Interlude back from my paddling days in the UK. At one time (early 90s) pretty much the only open canoe importer was Colin Broadway at a store called Mobile Adventure about an hour from where we lived. We learned to paddle there, slept in the store during that first course and became good friends with our instructors (and an acquaintance of Colin who became less active in the paddling scene as his wife became more ill with MS). The folks from Mobile Adventure were good friends of the Dagger folk and came over to paddle whitewater trips with them a few times.
Anyway Colin had some Interludes and I seem to recall he had a hand in the design. It was great canoe but had very little initial stability though lots of secondary and did have a tendency to spit inexperienced paddlers out with very little warning. I also remember the bow station was very rounded and was quite uncomfortable for kneeling as it was difficult to spread your knees into the chine. It was quite popular with the "larger" instructors who rigged it for solo paddling and sailing.

Thanks for the info, it should be interesting to see how we get on with it. I'd say we're very amatuer paddlers, but I'm not sure that's really accurate. We've spent a lot of time on the water over the last few years. My wife is the bow paddler and she does not like kneeling, so no problems there.

Back