• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Cranberry Lake - ADK

Reaction score
https://picasaweb.google.com/113318878240838203274/20130713213455?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKyQjfTJ-Ze8nwE&feat=directlink

4 day Wilderness Camp \ Yak Fishing Adventure. I went with my twin brother, and we did a loooooot of paddeling. This lake is huge! My first time there, so i wanted to see all of it, and we did. I used the canoe to hold all of our gear, and we towed the kayak. Made it to our camp site #30, and then spent the rest of the time, exploring, yak fishing, and hiking. It was a great time. Fishing was OK. Landed about 10 Small Mouth Bass, Black Crappie, Rock Bass, and Perch. Seemed like we had the entire place to our self. Very nice to be out, and I really can't wait to get my Cedar Strip Canoe in the water. Hope to have that project done by August - I hope!!!

Cranberry is a very nice lake to explore. Are you over in Dead Creek?

Stayed at Black Duck Hole, in Dead Creek Flow. We paddled all around Dead Creek Flow, and all the way over to the South Branch as well. By the 4th day, my arms felt like limp wet spaghetti noodles! Also hiked the Olmstead path starting at the South Brach to Simmons pond.

All good areas. Me and a few of my friends did an overnight on Joe Indian, nice easy open water paddle. I wanted to try and get down by west flow and hike into some spots. I actually used my canoe as my shelter on Joe Indian. It was nice not having to set up a tent.

Joe Indian was another choice, but we opted for Black Duck Hole! Very cool about the canoe shelter. As you can see in the pics - I brought my monster family tent, because I had penty of room in the canoe for amenities. Otherwise, I take my micro light tent. Small, light weight, and goes up in about a minute!

Back