• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Cpap on trip

Reaction score
I began wilderness canoe tripping in 2016, because of my severe snoring no one wanted to share a tent. In 2017 I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. Since then I’ve been in search for a battery that would allow me to use my cpap without the humidifier. I used a Maxoak K5 power bank with some success for 2 trips. I could only get 3 nights sleep roughly 27 hours of run time. Most of the trips I go on are 5 nights. I purchased a RavPower power station 252.7wh/70200ma. I was able to run my cpap for 5 nights (38 hours) without the humidifier using the dc power from the power bank not the ac power. The power bank still had juice in it after 5 nights. Not sure I may have been able to get more nights out of it. Hope this helps others that might have apnea.
RuttRowe

Thank you for sharing this good information. While I'm not in need of one now (to the best of my knowledge,) the time might come sooner or later.

I remember a few years back, there was a fella on Myccr with the same problem. He had a special device that he inserted in his mouth that kept his airway open, made by a dental surgeon, and it mostly corrected his apnea. He said it was uncomfortable and hard to get used too, and that he would only use it on canoe trips, but that it did work.

Back