• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Checking in from North Florida

Reaction score
Hi,
Just found this site and it does look interesting. I started paddling canoes about nine years ago and it has become a major activity in my life. I do mostly single day paddles, but I do enjoy going out on multi-day trips. Living in North Florida, the predominance of my paddling has been on rivers and creeks in that area. I have also paddled in other locations throughout Florida and have put my boat in Alabama and Georgia waters. Any day on the water has always been a good day and I always find something new to learn. I hope to continue learning through the great information posted on this site.

Hi, Welcome, It's nice to be able to paddle year round, bring a camera and share some of the places you visit, we folks up here with the cold and snow could use some encouraging pictures of things to come in a few months.

Yes share some places. In March some of us go to North Florida for a week of river running between Apalachicola and Cedar Key including the Aucilla, Wacissa, Suwanee, Alapaha Itchetucknee or similar spring fed river and whatever we can find that we can car camp on.

Then we go to Yulee for the Florida Canoe Symposium.

I can scarcely remember feeling warm salt water on my toes. I'd love to hear about those day paddles Gs42. I bid you a warm welcome to this place.

YC, I was day dream'n and sweating happily until I realized you were talk'n F and not C temperatures. Maybe Floridian waters are balmy in neoprene booties. Our creeks are for skating on right now.

YC, I was day dream'n and sweating happily until I realized you were talk'n F and not C temperatures. Maybe Floridian waters are balmy in neoprene booties. Our creeks are for skating on right now.

Sorry my bad. This is for you. Wacissa R

That's more like it, I can shed my wool socks now. Aaaaahhh. Thanks YC.

Back