• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Canoecopia 2024

I am thinking about it. I would have my Dog Jake with me. I would be interested in meeting up with others from this board.

Bob.

I will be there and will be meeting with 2 different groups I paddle with. Would interested in a CT meetup if I can make it.

I started attending the show from around the late 1970’s or early’80’s when it was a meet-the-makers kind show and not yet called Canoecopia. It was held at the Monroe Ave store, a former IGA grocery store. I have attended every show since 1984, missing only the Covid cancelled shows. Four years I worked at the show and it was an interesting experience, especially talking to the various vendors as we helped them setup.

Not sure at all. Parkway | Family Restaurant is less than 2 miles west of venue is pretty good breakfast diner. Totally open.

I haven't been in a couple of years, but made reservations at the Holiday inn Express across the street for this year. Unfortunately, I am currently dealing with a family issue right now and won't be able to fully commit until closer to the event. For those of you that like micro-breweries, I found a neat one that just opened a few years ago only 5 minutes away from the Venue......The "Delta Beer Lab"....It's in the center of an Industrial Park.

Mike

So many here are on all the forums. All are welcome to join us for the Quiet Journey gathering. We do Fri, evening and Sat. evening in a meeting room at a hotel each year. We usually have about 15 present and get discounted rooms and a free meeting room if we can use about 10 rooms.

I haven't been in a couple of years, but made reservations at the Holiday inn Express across the street for this year. Unfortunately, I am currently dealing with a family issue right now and won't be able to fully commit until closer to the event. For those of you that like micro-breweries, I found a neat one that just opened a few years ago only 5 minutes away from the Venue......The "Delta Beer Lab"....It's in the center of an Industrial Park.

Mike
Sounds good but no good is there? Need to check it out.

Eagerly anticipating the presentation schedule. Should be out in the next week or two. That will determine if I come for one day or the whole weekend.

Objectives this year:: see if the guys at Swift can talk me into a Keewaydin Combi. Buy a double paddle for soloing. Learn what I can about Sylvania Wilderness and maybe plan a trip there this summer.

I’m fortunate I’m local. This is about a 20 minute drive from my house.

The schedule is up online…but seems awfully sparse.

Seems like the presentations are cut back about 80% from previous years. Is it just an incomplete list?

Current schedule:

Attachments

• Canoecopia - 2024 Canoecopia Presenter Schedule.PDF
    471.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Website is now updated.

Probably will just do a full day on Saturday. I see there’s also the BikeORama event happening at the same time, same place. Will pop in there as well. The event grounds are big enough where I don't think these two events will interfere with each other.

Website is now updated.

Probably will just do a full day on Saturday. I see there’s also the BikeORama event happening at the same time, same place. Will pop in there as well. The event grounds are big enough where I don't think these two events will interfere with each other.
The two events are in separate buildings next to each other.

Last edited:
Back