• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Black Friday Sales

The boys at Sanborncanoe have 15% off through Monday on paddles and gear, checkout code is HOTDISHSALE.

Sister company Merrimackcanoes has all canoes 10% off and will throw in any 2 Sanborn paddles through December.

Not canoe related... these speakers are on sale, $50 off at B&H in NYC. They're compact, providing decent sound for something that small... with wi-fi you can move them around anywhere in the house and settle in for the winter. Sale ends cyber Monday.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Sonos/Ntt/Sonos+PLAY1/N/0

I've had B&H send binoculars and camera to Canada no problem... for some reason these will not ship up here. Where's NAFTA when you need it... oh well, Best Buy.

Wenonah is 30% off accessories and 40% of the Black Lite Elbow paddle.

Wine. Bread. Cheese. I might need to explain.
Coming home from work today I thought "My wife is working so hard this week, I bet she could use a night off from cooking. I should swing by the grocery store and get one of those Portuguese roast chickens. Maybe a baguette, some grapes, a blue and a Brie cheese for watching a movie later on. " On my way through the traffic, quite a bit heavier than normal I thought "This is strange? Do people really start their Christmas shopping before the 23rd of December?" I suddenly realized I was passing near one of my favourite craft brewers, so I stopped in to buy half a dozen Raven's Heart Belgian Stout for myself. Yum. Further on down the road I found the wine was on sale today. My wife's lucky day (in a manner of speaking). At the grocery store I was glad to see the grapes, cheese and bread were all on sale too. "Incredible" I thought. "What's the chance of that happening?" Really. Crawling through cheerless traffic I still wondered where the freakin heck everybody was coming from, and going to? When I got in the door (and was greeted by cooking smells wafting from the kitchen; she was roasting a chicken) I complained about the traffic. She calmly replied "Are you crazy? It's a zoo out there. It's Black Friday after all. You shoulda come straight home like I did."
So here we are, she's doing some more office work at the kitchen table while I type here whilst enjoying a good bottle of stout (complex and plummy, with just a hint of smokey smoothness, suggesting I have another). Her roast chicken will be done in exactly 3 minutes. The oven timer says so. We're all set for a movie later on. There's no way in heck I'm ever going out again shopping on Black Friday, despite the happy ending. I'll just make a quick stop for stout. And wine. Maybe bread. And cheese...
Happy American Thanksgiving everyone.

Last edited:
Back