• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

Anyone ever paddle Birch Creek in Alaska? + recommended day paddles?

Reaction score
We're taking a big trip to Alaska next summer and looking at a 6 day trip on Birch Creek. Anyone here ever paddled it? This will be our first time in Alaska and first time using an outfitter, so any sage advice is welcomed. I'm a little nervous about trusting someone else with choosing and packing all the gear. My kids will be 7 and 10 next summer and it will be the four of us, my brother and the guide.

After the canoe trip we're going to rent an RV out of Anchorage for two weeks and try see as much as we can before cruising from Seward to Vancouver. If anyone has any recommendations for good day paddles and hikes I'm all ears, it's making my brain hurt trying to figure out where to go while we're there.

I can't help you with your plans, but just wanted to say that sounds like an awesome trip, good for you for taking the children, building great memories.

Birch Creek was on my list but I never got to it. As far as day trips there are many great ones that will put you in some amazing places with little effort. Will you be renting and traveling with canoes or do you plan to rent on the spot? I am not aware of any canoe liveries located on the water, but I've never looked. Lots of good options for day paddles and hikes, it sounds like it's going to be a great trip.

Robin Thanks, but I have to give my parents the credit for this one. We do a lot of camping, paddling, hiking, etc with the kids, but we could not even remotely afford this trip on our own. We're flying up early for the Birch Creek run, and then they're joining for the RV trip and cruise.

lowangle al I'm not sure about the canoe situation. I thought about renting and traveling, but I'm not sure how we'd carry them on the rental RV. I'm going to have to do some checking into options as I also noticed that there aren't a lot of liveries about and what's there is very tourist oriented (mostly SOT rec kayaks :().

Back