• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Another BWCA route suggestion

Not good prospects for loners like me. I had a hard time finding a campsite last year, was hoping to find a more off the beaten path route this year. Guess I'll stick to May and September trips again.

Yeah, that's why I'm headed to a PMA in may. Only 1 group allowed in per week and you can camp anywhere.

Not good prospects for loners like me. I had a hard time finding a campsite last year, was hoping to find a more off the beaten path route this year. Guess I'll stick to May and September trips again.

Yeah I would never do a summer trip to the Bdub, even before Covid and certainly not now. I am heading in May 16th and hoping it won't be too busy but all the permits are going fast so I fear it will be. Would love to go in the week before but want to fish and the opener is not till the 15th this year. Hoping most people are base camping only a lake or two in.

...the wife fell in love with the Nina Moose river to Agnes- Oyster to Gebeonequet and back.
So... how did you do? (I'm trying to decide on BWCA, Everglades or Wabakimi for the next big trip and the Moose river is a possibility)

So I just secured the Weasel lake PMA permit for May 13th, going to go check out if you can still get from lake two to clearwater via rock island. Be interesting to see if the portages are passable at all.

Last report on paddle planner for these portages indicated that they were rough / impassable. Did you try it? What did you find out?

Back