• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Alpine Hammock

G

About a year I stumbled across a KickStart campaign for a neat Hammock/Tent sack, designed by a couple New England boys.
I signed up for an email alert letting me know when they would be available for purchase. I'd forgotten all about it, but this morning the email had arrived.

It looks like a great design. I like the idea of options with one unit. I need to find something to sell so I can afford one...anyone want to buy a Hennessy Hammock?

http://www.alpinehammock.com/shop/the-alpine-hammock/

...and I completely missed the tent/hammock section of the forum.

Just a little observation: if you go to the connection about the tent, the smaller photo has some curious dots along the left margin. Maybe this is old news to you but those things are more photos of the product.

Rob

Seems to me a bivy hammock could fit in either forum section Easy, don't beat yourself up. Are you happy with your Hennesy? What might this bivy set up have that your hammock & fly doesn't? I've been kicking the tires on a hammock for some time, I could use some first hand opinions. I also notice the bivy doesn't show weight (unless I missed it). It's still possibly a weight and volume savings over a tent, not to mention comfort. Also, is this some kind of crowd source model for production funding? i.e. They'll go into production based on preorders? I've slept in front of the dying embers of a fire, but that had more to do with a bottle of whisky, and less to do with a rugged woodsy attitude. I'm not sure I'd want to sleep on the ground tube style, except in emergencies. The hammock does intrigue me though. Thanks for any advice Easy (except regarding whisky and tripping), and for posting this.

Back