• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Alberta or Saskatchewan trips?

Reaction score
Anyone planning any trips in Alberta or Saskatchewan this summer? I am in the central Northern part of Alberta right on the Saskatchewan border. I plan on doing some trips this summer, just wondering if anyone has anything planned.

Well, not yet, but I am right in the middle of "North to Cree Lake" for the second time, great story. You ever been to that area, Cree Lake? I looked on a map and see there are still no roads to it. Must be great canoe tripping in that area.

I've made four trips to the Churchill River area in Saskatchewan and I'm giving serious thought to a trip on the Big Salmon near Whitehorse YK this year. How about you B.B.?

Robin,
I am not that far from Cree lake, if there were roads there it might be like a six hour drive but, looks like you have to fly in. Never heard of that book before, it's on my list now.

WalesWalker,
The Churchill must have been nice! Big Salmon would be a nice one too. I have talked of the Yukon and the Mackenzie but not this summer. So far I was thinking the assinaboine, coming out of jasper national park and/or Prince Albert park and visit grey owls cabin. also would like to head north to lake Athabasca. Asides for those I will be doing local trips such as the North Saskatchewan river, beaver river, Martineau river and lakeland provincial park.

Back