• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

ADK Floodwood Loop 2.5 day trip

Reaction score
The Floodwood Pond loop is a popular loop in the St Regis Canoe Wilderness in the Adirondacks. It is a nice trip, I did it in late October. I would suggest this be a first ice out or late season trip. The route takes you through a very heavily used camp ground, Fish Creek State Park and there is a ton of motor boat traffic there during peak season.

Pro Tip: Put in at St Regis Canoe outfitters on Floodwood pond (camp site 12) but ferry your car one mile West North/West down the road to the Long Pond access and parking, on the right side of the road, then walk back to St Regis. This has two advantages, first you avoid a long, swampy, carry from Long Pond back to Floodwood and second you get to paddle further on Long Pond. Also parking at St Regis Canoe outfitters can be a bit congested.

A great thing about this trip is that there are no carries on the first day. The second day has a couple of carries only one is long, about a mile, and it does not have huge altitude changes.

The culvert from Hole pond to Turtle is fun to do.

I have a video of the first day here if anyone is interested

Here is a map of the route with the long portage back to Long pond to Floodwood. https://www.canoeoutfitters.com/trip-planning/routes/floodwood-pond-loop

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Lots of good useful information I'll be using for a trip next year.

Back