• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Adirondacks soon

Reaction score
I am looking to get up to the ADKs soon. Last June I base camped at Rollins Pond CG and day paddled into St. Regis.
This year I am hoping to Base camp and overnight it a night or two in St. Regis, sometime soon. Anybody up?

After a way easy late weeknight ride up from coastal CT to the center of the park around Blue Mtn, we got hammered late Sunday afternoon on the ride home -early summer traffic all the way from Lake George area to Hartford - a heavy reminder to me and mine to avoid summer weekends and holidays whenever possible. Just remember the bug dope, the little critters were just making 'headway' on our last day...blackflies and skeeters. Was great to get the paddles i the water and boots on the ground. Saw some neat big flyin' critters too -surprised us!

Good luck with your trip if you get away. I won't be able to join you as I'll already be up there with a class. Enjoy your time and be sure to report back on your trip if you're so inclined.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Memorial weekend isn't written in stone, this weekend being mothers day is out, and following Saturday is taken. Memorial weekend seems to be early this year, and that was the first open one.
Last weekend in May is also a possibility, I am open, and luckily for me I can leave early morning on a Monday or Tuesday to make it to work that afternoon to miss the weekend traffic on the way down, on the flip side, I have take off work the night before the weekend for the trip up.

Due to work, I wont be able to do more than weekend trips for a few more months. Thus my upcoming trips to the Adirondacks are quick overnighters. First canoe trip is next weekend, Sat-Sun.

Hmmm,
Cold River Bob has been asking me if I want to accompany him over that way...He wants to return to Terror Lake via Gull Lake and Andys Creek. From the topo maps and satellite stuff it does look doable.
Have fun, I hope you beat the black flies!!

I was at upper gull a few years ago. this trip I want to scout the trail/carry from upper gull to andys creek that appears on the ancient maps.

I never got there on Memorial day, I have a 4 day weekend coming up on Labor day weekend starting Friday the 4th. Trying to get to Lows for a couple of nights, then maybe exploring St. Regis area a couple of days. Anybody interested?

I am looking to get up to the ADKs soon.

Me too. I am jonesing to head north, but I’ll wait until schools are back in session to help cut the visitation load.

If I wait that long I may run up upon a duty-calls trip back to the Carolinas that takes precedence, and I’ll be going on two years between Adirondack/Maine/north country trips.

Back