• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Adirondack Paddling: 60 Great Flatwater Adventures

Reaction score
It seems every winter, something happens that gets me thinking about paddling. This time, it was a new book.
Phil Brown, editor of Adirondack Explorer, wrote this concise volume of 60 great day trips in the ADK's.(although many could be extended and combined for multi-day trips) The book includes the classic trips like 7 carries, Little Tupper, and High Falls. But I'm more intrigued with the waters less travelled by...like Miami, Jordan, and Little rivers, the numerous "flows", and other lightly used waterways. I love the format --a simple map with put in and take out directions, gorgeous color photos, and a 2 page synopsis of a trip in Phil's persuasive style. I read a trip report in the Explorer a while back on the Little River, and have wanted to go ever since. So this book is like an "all you can paddle buffet" for those who like flatwater adventures in the Adirondacks.

Happy trip planning!
Scott

Scott,
I have all the standards, North Flow (first edition too!), South Flow, full Discover series (completely outdated!), Dave Cilley's new book and map, and most of the Quiet Water books too.
I too, like to use this time of year to plan trips for the coming year, but this year will be different...Essex Chain Lakes tract!!
So in addition to reading and rereading my guide books and studying topo maps, I am intensely studying the proposed land classifications by DEC for the new acquisitions.

Back