• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

2012 Clinton River Paddlepalooza

Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice. To anybody in south east Michigan. The 4th annual Clinton River Paddlepalooza Canoe and Kayak race from Auburn Hills to Rochester Hills is this Saturday, June 2, 2012.

This is put on by the cities of Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills Park and Rec. They have 3 classes to the race:

Canoe Race - 8 mile race from Riverside Park in Auburn Hills to River Crest Banquet Center in Rochester Hills: 8:45am
The last time I raced this solo canoes ran in either class.

Kayak Race - 8 mile race from Riverside Park in Auburn Hills to River Crest Banquet Center in Rochester Hills: 8:30am

Adventure River Paddle – 8 mile paddle from Riverside Park in Auburn Hills to River Crest Banquet Center in Rochester Hills: 9:00am

Trophies will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place for each race class. The winning craft for the Kayak Race and the Canoe Race will receive a $100 gift certificate to Summit Sports. Each participant will receive a free event tee-shirt and lunch, which includes a hotdog, pop and chips.
Lunch shall be served from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at River Crest Banquet Center on the patio. $20 per person.

Rain Date Saturday June 16th. The event will be canceled if the river height exceeds 2 feet, according to the USGS stream gauge located along the Clinton in Auburn Hills. Refunds shall be provided if the event is canceled. They are pretty serious about the river level. They had some injuries the first year they held the race.

Sorry I do not have a link. I can not find info on either website. You can google "2012 Clinton River Paddlepalooza"

Willis- if this is in the wrong place or not appropriate feel free to move or delete.

Well I finished 6th out of something better than 30 participants. This was more of who can get in and out of their boats quickest. The river was really low. Ended up doing a lot of dragging. I held 1st for better than 45 minutes. Than I was no longer having fun and decided to slow my place. Clinton River at Auburn Hills, Michigan was 23 CFS and height gauge was .43 feet. Oh well maybe next year (only if it is closer to two feet).

Back