• Happy World Farm Animals Day! 🐄🐖🐔

Recent content by dutchlennart

  1. D

    wenonah andironrack supertuff what is it?

    At the wenonah site I stumbled on this: https://wenonah.com/products/adirondack-super-tuff But any info on the new supsertuff seems to be in the mist. anyone any idea?
  2. D

    Which solo canoes are best for heeling?

    a number of factors are in play, crew weight is one. hulll shape is two For me the result matters most. and that depend also widly on the hull shape. For exampel en mad river indypendce het really eays to heel. but the change in hull shape does not make turning performance chance a lot. where...
  3. D

    bell wildfire black gold refurb

    sadly the boat has become much more special. the former owner suddenly passed away about a month ago. he is missed by many in the European community.
  4. D

    bell wildfire

    Own a bell wildfire, owned a phoenix . To me they come close to each other. The phoenix in ipx seems more rugged, and a bit more carrieng capacity, but I did not have it long enough to bang it down (shllow) rivers. I sold it because a loonworks aria turned up for sale. Those are so rare and...
  5. D

    Deciding which canoe

    hi Canoewiia, A lot depends on youur size and your companion. if hormbeck is closeby , I would go there for a testpaddle. they like sitting low and doubleblading. over here the waters are to big and windy to enjoy most of their boats. I doulbeblade in a kayak or surfski on big open waters/sea...
  6. D

    Lightweight Lining Ropes

    northwater offers all their lines by meter/foot it depends a lot where i paddle what rope i bring on flat/slow deep water 6 mm is fine . on whietwater where the rope could also end up beingused isn salvaging swamped pinned boats. 10mm
  7. D

    Solo Racing Canoe

    the regret of sold boats I can relate to. but alos the joy a number of people have with boats I sold to them. enjoy the paddling in your current boat and the new one.
  8. D

    Swift Cruiser 16.8 - First Impressions Video

    always good to see a face to connect to a name. enjpy the paddling some lovely boats and surroundings. It was a lovely chat about boats
  9. D

    Solo Racing Canoe

    Hi Texas river racer, I have spend limited time in racing c1's ( and most of that time was in high kneelers. Mainly due to the lack ot these boats nearby. I am still fascinated by them. or bettes said i am fascinated byusing a effecient paddling platfomr that isa joy to paddle when i want to...
  10. D

    Royalex / T-Formex vs. Tough Composites

    I missed that I had the sound of and just quickly looked at the pin and the damaged boat, and looks about 5 to 10 min of the 2 hrs. Yes the pullies and more rope and some carabiners and a couple of slings make a pinkit. and are helpfull with othtesuf you can do when tripping. they could have...
  11. D

    Royalex / T-Formex vs. Tough Composites

    We will never know. It could be that a t formex boat on the same spot would completely wrapped around. and could not be recovered with just to man with 2 ropes. I guees they brought some pullies and more ropes with them (i would). the stickiness of materials on rocks is also not researches in...
  12. D

    First Aid Kit Container - Soft vs. Hard

    https://www.curtec.com/en/products/drums/wide-neck-drums Not many dutch canoeist have none of these in their kit. Pelicases (or copies) or ammoniniotn cases are also used. Personally I use a drybag of palm. I am mostly paddling with small adult groups in a very civilized surroundings on...
  13. D

    How do you inflate your air mattress?

    pumpsack like many mentioned in this tread
  14. D

    Swift Wabakimi 18 review

    thanks for the lovely review. The comparison to the mnn 2 helps a lot as it is used for a long time in many similar circomstances. enjoy paddling yours.
  15. D

    Western Kentucky U wins 2026 concrete canoe competition

    the concrete is no problem and the contrete cano comps are over here on uni's as well. What i do not understand is that the prepare for months and do not prepare for paddling. For the 22.500 kms of dykes most are build of the ground (clay sand or even peat that is found nearby, most covered by...
Back
Top Bottom