Hello from Alaska.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Alaska.

Hello from Alaska! I am 68 years old and have been canoeing since high school. Now I just canoe lakes.

I too am a gezzer living in Alaska, welcome to our camp.
    "All I had were a few flies tucked into the band of my hat and an a old beaten-up Heddon rod, that had been on many trips." Sigurd F. Olson

Comment

Welcome from the other side of the country, and another old gezzer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boreal Birch View Post
        I too am a gezzer living in Alaska, welcome to our camp.
        A
        Thank you. Where are you in the interior? I live south of Soldotna.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
          Welcome from the other side of the country, and another old gezzer too.
          Thank you.

Comment

SOUTHEAST of Fairbanks near the Salcha River. I have lived in the interior for nearly fifty years, only went to the Kenai Peninsula once. Very pretty down there, often wonder how much different my life would have been had I moved to that part of the world back in the day. I have always wanted to canoe the Swanson River/Swan Lakes canoe country, close as I got was buying a guide book.
            "All I had were a few flies tucked into the band of my hat and an a old beaten-up Heddon rod, that had been on many trips." Sigurd F. Olson

Comment

Welcome from a Northerner to an other, almost neighbours, just about 18hrs of driving... I'm in Whitehorse Yukon!! I've been to the Kenai long time ago with the Yukon XC Ski team when I was a coach/ski tech. Real pretty out there!

Comment

Welcome to the forum dramey. I did a lot of tripping down your way, this weekend was typically the start of the season for me. Is everything open?

Comment

A welcome from another Geezer in Delta Junction. Spending more time in my freight canoes these days especially on the rivers and lakes of YT.

Comment

Originally posted by lowangle al View Post
                    Welcome to the forum dramey. I did a lot of tripping down your way, this weekend was typically the start of the season for me. Is everything open?

Thank you. Things are starting to open up. I plan on canoeing the Swan Lake/Swanson River canoe trails this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Canotrouge View Post
                      Welcome from a Northerner to an other, almost neighbours, just about 18hrs of driving... I'm in Whitehorse Yukon!! I've been to the Kenai long time ago with the Yukon XC Ski team when I was a coach/ski tech. Real pretty out there!

Thank you. I have been to Whitehorse several times.

Comment

Originally posted by VernAK View Post
                        A welcome from another Geezer in Delta Junction. Spending more time in my freight canoes these days especially on the rivers and lakes of YT.
                        Thank you.

Comment

HI folks. My relatives moved up the Mat-Su starting as homesteaders in the 1930s. I have worked in SE east of Ketchikan on a mine site.
                          After more than 10 trips to Alaska, I have fallen in love with about 25 rivers but have never run any of them.
                          The Yukon could be the most beautiful place in the world.
                          Forester

Comment

Working...
                          X