• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Wollaston Lake to Goose Lake (Nunavut Border) and back

Yesterday Pitt's post drew my attention to this great TR. I've enjoyed it before, but last night I was compelled to sit late into the night in a darkened room reliving Alan's northern explorations. The glow of my laptop screen was as close as I'll come to his glowing twig fires on those distant sandy eskers. Really good stuff.

I'm back for another re-read. Alan, this trip report changed my life. I read it while on a deployment in 2017 and it lit a fire in my heart to seek the northwoods. Thank you for sharing this trip with a downtrodden sailor and inspiring me to cast myself into the world of canoe tripping.

I'm back for another re-read. Alan, this trip report changed my life. I read it while on a deployment in 2017 and it lit a fire in my heart to seek the northwoods. Thank you for sharing this trip with a downtrodden sailor and inspiring me to cast myself into the world of canoe tripping.

That makes me happy to hear. It's a but humbling to think anything I did had an impact on someone else. Here's to hoping you're in a happy place!

Alan

I'm really glad Stoney bumped this thread or I'd have missed it. What a great trip and an excellent job of sharing it... I really like your writing style! I am curious, however...
I thought about how, looking back on this time, it probably wouldn't seem that bad and perhaps I'd even remember fondly those cold and wet days on Wollaston Lake.
has 7 years been enough time to remember the lake fondly or will you still need a few more?

Back