• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Video: Last Days

Reaction score
It's getting cold. This was probably the last chance I had this year. It was filmed last weekend; yesterday the lake I went to was frozen. This one is a day trip out to an island starting on a windy morning. No music this time, just the wind and the waves.

Great ! Thanks for sharing.!
Reminding me I need to get out there before too long !

Jim

Good choice to not add music. Just the waves slapping the hull, and other sounds, and lack of sounds, as you experienced it.

Being a sub to your channel I get to watch and Like your films multiple times. It's always worth it.

Jim Dodd
Anytime, thanks!

DaveO
That quiet is definitely part of the attraction to canoeing. An echoing lone raven call is always a nice reminder that other creatures (like to?) spend their time alone out there too.

Odyssey
Well, extra thanks to you for being a regular customer! I love old gear, as I understand you do, and as soon as I can reproduce or obtain some, I'll try to do an old time style trip. Building a wanigan is on my winter project list.

frozentripper
Thanks! The microphone sure made a difference for wind noise deadening. This is the first time no music has really been an option.

PaddlingPitt
Thanks! The hat is a Bailey Panhandle. It has been reshaped a few times after several soakings. It was new in my Grasslands video; bought it and straightened the shape-able brim (wire).

Back