• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Truelemon, sugary drink alternative?

Reaction score
Anybody use this http://truelemon.com/products.html

I changed my diet last year and pretty much eliminated sugar from my diet. Aspartame is a not an option for me (nor should it be for anybody) so I found this product. I can't buy it locally at all so would have to place a substantial order I am guessing to make it financially workable. But would hate to get it here and find out it's gross tasting.

Other options would be good too.

Red, you can buy online. They sell ten packs for four bucks. Usually over the course of the summer I use some sixty to seventy of these things. The shipping rate is reasonable. When I say "these things" I refer to the chemical laden Crystal Light etc.

I think they are a wonderful idea! I tend to drink more water if its flavored sometimes.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but over the years we moved away from flavoured drinks (Tang, Crystal Lite...) and just wound up packing fresh lemons/limes. We slice them and add them to a nalgene of water. No sugar or sweeteners of course. We find it refreshing. This might not be for everyone.

That's a great idea Brad, and one that I will use next summer. Plus it will make the gin a little more tolerable too!

Ha! G&T.(We like those too.) That's a sophisticated mix for the trail! Anyone for cricket? I'm moving into the whiskey/scotch spectrum; those are dangerous waters! I've moved from being a "cheap date" to being a "snob". Not really, but no more rot gut or swill beer for me. My son cracked open an expensive (for me) bottle of scotch (duty free) to toast our birthdays. I expected harsh and gasoline flavours on my tongue. Gosh! It was soooo smooth. I fear I can never go back to being a cheap date for my wife, ever again. I might have to become a tea-totaller. That would make for a looong canoe trip. I think that came out wrong. Maybe I'd better put the kettle on.

Last edited:
Hi Red, Have you had a chance to try a sugar replacement called "Splenda"? I use it on my gruel in the morning. I've also found (for me) that most of those sugar free drink powders taste much better if they are mixed with heaps more water than the instructions call for.

Best Wishes,

Rob

Yes, i have tried splenda but only at home, I also use Agave Syrup in my steel cut oats at breakfast. I am looking for a drink crystal that does not contain aspartame or sugar that I can take canoeing. Ideally something in individual packets that I can put in home made MRE's.

I haven't had the chance to place an order with this Trulemon stuff. I will have to get from the states and getting here will be a PITA aka $$$$, so I was hoping that some of the Americans on here would have some experience with it

I recently bought online from Amazon, packs of truelemon, truelime, and trueorange. I like them all. The powder dissolves quickly, but you must stir to fully dissolve the powder. Otherwise, you get a small amountof sludge on the bottom. The lemon is very close in taste to a dash or real lemon juice. I like orange the best. Each packet is very small and lightweight. I like one packet per 16 oz or so, and don't remember what the directions say. I will be taking these packets with me on my trips next year. Hope that helps.

Back