• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

The ultimate no-cook, never ending hot meal

Reaction score
Ingredients:
One MRE, any flavor
Something to drink
Patience

To prepare: Pull out the unopened MRE, lay it next to you and announce that you shall have a drink before you start dinner. Then wait until other folks, who cooked too much, offer you some. Eat that, then put away the MRE and save it for tomorrow. NOTE: Does not work on solo trips.

Once or ten times a guy brought a hot dog and bun. But we always had too much food and he helped us eat ours
These were MITA clean up weekends on the Maine Islands
After about the seventh trip we suspected it was the same well traveled hot dog. We never had the nerve to make him eat it in front of us

This reminds me of an incident that happened in the 70's that became known as the "big meal deal". As part of a college phys ed class we took a canoe trip on the Susquahanna River. The instructor told us to break down in groups of 4 to plan our meals. My partners parents owned a grocery store and my family had a meat market so we said we would bring the food we needed. There was a girl in our foursome who thought we were going to bring the food for the entire class and told the other people that. We didn't find this out until there were people standing around our fire waiting to be served, luckily most of the others brought there own food anyway but it must have been very awkward for those who didn't. I don't remember too many details other than the girl who created the confusion brought an onion because she had a good source for special onions. I hope nobody went hungry.

This is a good plan, but it doesn't always work. I know cause I tried and failed. This past summer a certain someone brought double cold smoked bacon. A big enough slab to sink a battleship. Every morning I did my best hungry hound dog impression, but no luck. I even asked "What's that? Gosh! I wonder what that tastes like?" Still no luck. But I don't blame him; after all he was already keeping my wife supplied with Bailey's in her coffee...every morning...everyday. She does a much better hungry hound dog impression than me.

Take my liquor, take my food, take my wife.....but hands off the bacon! Just kidding, I thought you couldn't have squeezed a bacon morsel in there with those gut busting brekkies you guys were cooking up. Plus I was afraid that you would violate the bacon with hot sauce or one of those arse burning peppers you guys brought!

Back