• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

The Tangerine Dream arrived early! (New Hemlock SRT)

Reaction score
Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT in the premium + layup. Went retro with the Curtis Canoe "Sunset Orange" or as close to the original as we could get it. The boat is complimented with the work of Paul Conklin featuring walnut & ash carry handles, thwarts and seat. The two tone webbing on the seat adds a nice contrast as well. The boat weighs in at 40.5#'s, she's a real stunner!

I feel extremely privileged to own a Hemlock SRT, Peregrine & Eaglet all complimented by a Swift Dragonfly. Anyway no big plans yet for the SRT except a trip on the Upper Connecticut river come mid August, but we will see how things go. Hope to see some of you at the WPASCR in a few weeks, cheers!

2024 Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT may 4th 2024_01L .jpg
2024 Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT May 4th 2024_03L.jpg2024 Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT May 4th 2024_04L.jpg2024 Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT May 4th 2024_02L .jpg

Congrats, she a beauty. As an Outback owner I'm curious about your rack system. I've always used the Outback rack as it is.
Gerald
I love everything about the Outback except the factory roof rack, they are useless! Anyway for my 2014 Outback I use Yakima 66" round bars, Yakima control towers and Yakima landing pads. I love this system especially since I can pop the rack on and off in matter of 2 minutes.

Custom Hemlock Canoe Works SRT in the premium + layup. Went retro with the Curtis Canoe "Sunset Orange" or as close to the original as we could get it. The boat is complimented with the work of Paul Conklin featuring walnut & ash carry handles, thwarts and seat. The two tone webbing on the seat adds a nice contrast as well. The boat weighs in at 40.5#'s, she's a real stunner!

I feel extremely privileged to own a Hemlock SRT, Peregrine & Eaglet all complimented by a Swift Dragonfly. Anyway no big plans yet for the SRT except a trip on the Upper Connecticut river come mid August, but we will see how things go. Hope to see some of you at the WPASCR in a few weeks, cheers!

View attachment 140819
View attachment 140820View attachment 140821View attachment 140822
The canoe looks gorgeous—love that orange color! Congrats!

Very, very, nice! Please tell us more about the seat, thwarts, and handles. They look great, any weight savings, and are the thwarts and handles oiled or varnished? Good luck with it hope you have good adventures with it.

Very, very, nice! Please tell us more about the seat, thwarts, and handles. They look great, any weight savings, and are the thwarts and handles oiled or varnished? Good luck with it hope you have good adventures with it.
Don't think there is any real weight savings. The walnut and ash are laminated and are oiled as far as I know. Hope to get it on the wateer in the near future.

I feel extremely privileged to own a Hemlock SRT, Peregrine & Eaglet all complimented by a Swift Dragonfly.

I love the orange color on the SRT, Joe, and you have an enviable fleet of solo canoes. Does the Eaglet have a solo seat?

You have four great options for an overnight tripping canoe. I'd guess the Dragonfly might be the fastest canoe and either the Dragonfly (depending on layup) or the Peregrine would be the lightest weight canoe.

I love the orange color on the SRT, Joe, and you have an enviable fleet of solo canoes. Does the Eaglet have a solo seat?

You have four great options for an overnight tripping canoe. I'd guess the Dragonfly might be the fastest canoe and either the Dragonfly (depending on layup) or the Peregrine would be the lightest weight canoe.
Glenn,
I have the Eaglet lll however it was delivered as a solo and is still set up solo. Only reason I ordered the lll is for when my nieces come to visit I can pop in the seats and take them for a paddle if they want. Otherwise I use it as a solo all the time. (See Photo). As for the lightest boat that would go to my Hornbeck. But my Peregrine would be the lightest of the Hemlocks at 32#, Eaglet at 38# and SRT at 40.5#. The Dragonfly is 38# in expedition kevlar and with the metal flake paint. I've been somewhat planning this for at least a year now. Even my wife loves the SRT color and she loves my DF color choice as well. I absolutely love the DF and I do find it to be quick. (Note) I've removed the foot bar in the Eaglet as I don't like it.

Hemlock Eaglet Hemlock, NY April 7th 2023_04L.jpg

Congrats! I think there will be many o’ picture with that canoe with a sunset or sunrise complimenting its sleek lines and color… and fall season will be amazing! Enjoy!

Back